When you buy a dozen of our LI Bagel Café Bagels that are still warm, we will place them in a paper bag and ask you to keep the bag open and not place them in a plastic bag.Why? Because our hot from the oven bagels need to breathe. Placing a warmbagel in a plastic bag (before it has had time to cool) may cause unwanted dampness. When your bagels are cooled off, you can store them in a plastic bag properly for maximum eating enjoyment.
Freeze on the day of purchase, 15 seconds per bagel in the microwave to thaw. Or keep bagels in plastic bag at room temperature, up to 3 days from purchase date.
Lay the bagel flat with fingers on top outstrected, slice half way through. Then stand the bagel upright and finish slicing.
Keeping Your LI Bagel Café Bagels Fresh
- When sealing your bagels in a plastic bag, be sure to get as much air out as possible before you seal the bag.
- Make sure the bag seals tightly.
- Make sure to re-close the plastic bag promptly once opened.
- Slice your bagels before freezing them.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Don’t put your Bagels in the refrigerator.
- Don’t leave your Bagels out on the counter (our bagels do not contain preservatives.)
- It’s okay to store your bagels at room temperature (sealed in a plastic bag).
- It’s okay to toast your bagels right out of the freezer.
- It’s NOT OK to buy your bagels from your local supermark.